Goodwill Hunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh the HORROR!!!

3 posters

Go down

Oh the HORROR!!! Empty Oh the HORROR!!!

Post  2write Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:09 pm

I mean sure there are a million sequels of:

I know what you did...
Scream
Jason/ Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Omen
Alien
Predator
Ring
Blair Witch Project/s
and a dozen hundred more...

BUT WHY THIS>>>>????

Warner Bros considers The Shining prequel

Studio has employed Shutter Island screenwriter to write script telling story of Overlook Hotel before Jack Torrance's arrival

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you've ever wondered what horrors took place at the sinister Overlook Hotel before struggling writer Jack Torrance turned up with his family in tow, you might just be in luck. According to the LA Times, studio Warner Bros is mulling over a prequel to 1980 Stanley Kubrick chiller The Shining exploring the history of the remote Colorado property.

But I COMPLETELY trust Stephen King...

King is currently writing a sequel to his 1977 novel but is not thought to be involved in the prequel plans. According to reports, the new book features an adult Danny as a psychic doctor 30 years on and also finds time to include vampire elements. It is titled Dr Sleep.

Best Wishes,
UD
2write
2write
Admin

http://freedomfiction.com/

Back to top Go down

Oh the HORROR!!! Empty I too wonder....

Post  Plexim Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:18 pm

If the author himself isn't involved in the prequel it means he's not interested and/or doesn't have any confidence in the project. And the fact that he's writing a sequel himself seems to indicate where King thinks the story should go.

What the 'Shutter island' screenwriter will do with the scraps that are the background information about the past of the spooky hotel remains to be seen.

I'll reserve judgement though until I see what he comes up with. (Is the screenwriter a he - sorry ladies... Very Happy )
Plexim
Plexim

http://www.google.com/ig

Back to top Go down

Oh the HORROR!!! Empty The Shining

Post  Therese Waneck Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 pm

I adored the exorcist and will look out for The Shining sequel! Thanks!

Therese Waneck

Back to top Go down

Oh the HORROR!!! Empty Re: Oh the HORROR!!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum