Goodwill Hunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some recommended Bollywood movies for Hollywood audiences

Go down

Some recommended Bollywood movies for Hollywood audiences Empty Some recommended Bollywood movies for Hollywood audiences

Post  2write Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:27 am

Bollywood is the largest film producing film industry in the world. Apart from quantity there are a few quality films made by them too.

From India I would suggest:

1. Omkara (adaptation of Shakespeare's Othello in rural gangworld of India)
2. Agent Vinod (action espionage thriller with reference to Bilderburg Group)
3. 3 Idiots (awesome wise comedy about success, talent and education)
4. Suraj ka satvaan ghoda (based on a Hindi novel of same name by award winning author and directed by award winning Director Shyam Benegal) (literal translation: Seventh Horse of the Sun)
5. Guide (based on award winning novel by award winning English language Indian author - the film won many awards also - shows illicit relationship between a married woman and a man and how destiny takes it forward - revolutionary in its time for the subject matter - 1970s movie - starring my favourite B&W movie actor - Dev Anand - passed away this year)
6. Delhi Belly - urban modern love-thriller comedy - adult movie.
7. Ek Main Aur Ek Tu - modern love story set in USA
8. Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge - stars the King Khan - Shahrukh Khan. love story set in London and India. This movie holds the Guinnes Record of longest running movie in a cinema hall in the world - from release date till today over 17 years it is shown daily at Martha Mandir cinema hall in Mumbai. Tom Cruise was considered for the lead role but ultimately they chose an Indian actor Shahrukh Khan.
9. Sholay - India's adaptation of Seven Samurais/ The Magnificent Seven
10. Tezaab - urban poverty and crime - young days of Anil Kapoor of MI4 and SlumdogM fame.
11. Jaanbaaz - Anil Kapoor, sex, love, passion.
12. Main, meri patni aur who - comedy about marriage and suspicious insecure husband - literal translation: Me, My Wife, and Him.
13. Honeymoon Travels: 7 couples board a bus to honeymoon in Goa. Every couple comes out different post-honeymoon.
14. Don - old movie starring Amitabh Bachhan - longest ruling legend hero of Bollywood - he is currently the host of Indian version of Who wants to be a Millionaire. People fall at his feet. There is also a temple with his idol in Calcutta city where he is worshiped by movie fans.
15. Don 1 and Don 2 - starring Amitabh's inheritor to the throne - King Khan - Shahrukh Khan. Different storyline than original movie - much modern thriller and more action packed.
16. Jaane bhi do yaaron : Let it go friend. Comedy.

Many more but this is just the top of my head.

Best Wishes,
UD
2write
2write
Admin

http://freedomfiction.com/

Back to top Go down

Some recommended Bollywood movies for Hollywood audiences Empty Re: Some recommended Bollywood movies for Hollywood audiences

Post  2write Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:57 am

Today's menu: Agent Vinod

Ingredients:
1. Pretty female Pakistani secret agent
2. Bold charming Indian covert ops agent
3. Bilderburg Group plot to crash stock markets
4. Shot in Afghanistan, Somalia, Turkey, Russia, many European locations and of course India
5. Ganglords, despots, mutinous Pakistani Generals, middlemen, Somali jihadis, Turkish businessmen, motorcycle, autorickshaw, helicopter, etc.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
2write
2write
Admin

http://freedomfiction.com/

Back to top Go down